5 Easy Tips To Make Diet Healthier
- It is important to practice mindfulness for your diet too as it helps you observe your body. Listen to your body when it is asking you to stop while you are having your meals, this helps in controlling the habits of over eating and emotional binging.
- Avoid any distractions while having your meal, do not watch tv, access phone or laptops, remember your mind can only focus on one thing at a time. Eating is itself an exercise where all your senses from smelling and taste buds are activated.
- Know your portion size. Do not fill your plate with an extra quantity of food. It makes you consume more calories than required. If you do not finish your food, it can contribute to food wastage. Fill your platter according to the number of calories you consume.
- Hydration is the golden rule to stay fit. Always carry a bottle and develop a habit of sipping water after an hour. This prevents the body from getting dehydrated. Proper hydration throughout the also helps in curing the cravings which at times becomes hard to resist.
- Beat the stress. Stress can disrupt the mind and body both. No matter how hectic the day is, always give 30-45 minutes to yourself. Indulge in any physical activity that reduces your high cortisol levels. You can go for a jog or swimming, long walks, Zumba, etc. To avoid stress you restrict consumption of caffeine.