Website Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Job Title: Scientist, Protein Biology
Job Location: India, Bangalore
About The Company
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $44 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving analytical challenges, growing efficiency in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics, or developing and manufacturing life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our distributed team delivers an outstanding combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience, and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon, and PPD. Our Innovative Laboratory technologies & Services makes it easier for customers
About Team: Antibody team
The antibody team in involved in engineering and development of antibodies, with a deep focus on reagent quality and specificity. The core activities of team include antibody designing, purification, conjugation and testing of antibodies in a variety of immuno-applications using pioneering tools and technologies. The goal of the program is advanced product development and creation of product specific information to promote research use.
Role & Responsibilities
To be an integral part of an antibody development team with a focus on performance and specificity using innovative molecular biology methods.
- Meticulous experimental planning and execution to meet program goals.
- Timely record keeping of results into data sheets and laboratory note-books.
- Regular mining of literature and keeping oneself up to date with developments in field of antibody development.
- Compilation and presentation of data in written and oral formats. Active participation in team meetings.
- Attention to detail and adherence to schedules.
Education & Experience levels:
Applicants should have Masters with 0-3 years confirmed experience or a PhD in a life sciences field with a strong focus on molecular biology, immunology, biotechnology or biochemistry.
Nature of experience:
- Project or work experience in support of relevant skills such as publications, project reports or thesis work
- Strong theoretical or practical experience in antibody development platforms
- Extensive experience in immunoassays such as Western blotting, Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry, Flow cytometry or ELISA
- Experience with proteins, which could include but not limited to structure function or mutational analysis of proteins, and molecular biology expertise in handling nucleic acid extraction, PCR, and cloning.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel and possess a strong statistical knowledge and familiarity with statistical software such as Prism.
To apply for this job please visit in.linkedin.com.