Position Summary Statement
Technical Operations Scientist will execute the technical requirement for Herbalife’s regional inner and outer product lines. The position accountabilities include planning and executing technical transfer projects in the assigned regions to meet product quality, costs, safety and uniformity. The position reports to the R&D Regional Lead. Additionally, the Technical Operations Scientist interact with the Regional R&D and regional cross functional team members and provides area expertise and technical leadership on commercial scale up of inner and outer nutrition products. As required, the individual will also support including but not limited to operation improvement, cost savings, and new ingredient qualification.
- Develop work plan for technical transfer projects, achieve management approval, and execute the work plan independently to commercialize inner and outer nutrition products in the region.
- Manage Post Launch SKU reformulation, Update formula as per new Regulation, Qualify alternate RM, Cost saving, Localization, Business continuity.
- Conduct pilot trial to scale up new products or raw materials, initiate stability study, establish and validate manufacturing procedure, transfer technology to HIM and contract manufacturers.
- Use Agile to track project progress, provide trial protocol, complete and approve tasks, and documents all trial protocols and key process learning.
- Actively communicate and coordinate with cross functional team members including R&D, QA/QC, regulatory, operation, engineering, sourcing and supply to ensure on time and target delivery of projects.
- Validate manufacturing performance through first three products
- Suggest process and product improvement as required to meet distributor needs, product claims, process limitations, cost or supply constraints
- Provide technical expertise to cross-functional team to help shape new product opportunities for Herbalife
- Able to perform independently with minimal supervision
- Capable to apply project manage principles to plan detail work
- Able to design experiment, generate data to trouble-shoot practical issues
- Solid communicate in English fluently in written and oral
- Agile to fast paced environment and able to multi-task
- Able to lead cross-functional team and drive project success
- Passion to learn
- Competent use of MS Office
- 6 to 8 years of full time Product development/Tech Transfer experience in Ayurveda/Food & Supplement, or skincare industry
- Plant trial, commercial scale up, or production line supervision
- B. Tech/B Pharma – Food Science/Pharmaceutical Technology/Chemical Engineering.
- M. S. Food Science/Pharmaceutical Technology/Chemical Engineering Food Sciences or related major.
- Five years of full time R&D or Technical Service/Manufacturing experience in a multi-national Company
- Track record of project management
To apply for this job please visit in.linkedin.com.