Website Foundation for Neglected Disease Research FNDR
Job Title: Vice President – Drug Discovery
Job Location: Doddaballapur, Bengaluru, India (https://g.page/FNDRIN) (100% Onsite)
Foundation for Neglected Disease Research (FNDR) is a not-for-profit biotech R&D organization dedicated to discovering and developing novel therapeutics, diagnostics, and devices for diseases with a high socio-economic impact. Since its inception in 2014, FNDR has generated a portfolio of therapeutics in tuberculosis, nontuberculous mycobacteria, malaria, dengue, leishmania, serious bacterial infections, fungal infections, COVID-19 and RSV, spanning over early-stage discovery to late-stage clinical trials. FNDR’s R&D Centre, which includes state-of-the-art BSL2 and BSL3 laboratories for both in vitro and in vivo research, is located in Bengaluru, India. For more information, please visit https://www.fndr.in/.
This individual will provide leadership, research and development understanding, and strategy for our small molecule drug discovery efforts in infectious diseases. The VP – Drug Discovery will be part of the company’s leadership team and contribute to the company’s vision for developing products that can address unmet medical needs. They will work closely with the CEO and CSO to build and oversee preclinical drug development programs and translational science/medicine strategy. They will provide strategic and tactical oversight for the lead discovery, chemistry, and DMPK. The VP – Drug Discovery will be accountable for designing and implementing the intellectual property strategy. The long-term vision for this role is to transition to the Chief Scientific Officer.
- Work closely with leaders across the company to plan and execute the R&D strategy, evaluate new target opportunities, and initiate additional pipeline programs
- Manage a portfolio of assets relating to infectious diseases and oversee strategic execution of drug discovery research and preclinical activities.
- Serve as the spokesperson for the drug discovery department by representing and promoting our organization to stakeholders, including board presentations, investors, and the scientific community.
- Keeps abreast of emerging developments regarding research and development in the fields of infectious diseases and drug discovery
- Help evaluation of in-/out-licensing opportunities
- Provide support to the intellectual property strategy and patent portfolio
- Engage with external partners, clinical and academic collaborators, and CROs
- Generate a robust publication record in leading journals and present findings at critical meetings
- Participate in recruiting, coaching, and developing internal talents
- Lead, manage, develop, and retain a high-performance team focused on developing a new class of therapeutics. Provide development opportunities and mentoring to the team
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, discovery, and cutting-edge research culture focused on scientific excellence, open communication, and continual improvement
· PhD in Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
· 15+ years of experience in a drug discovery setting (biotech or large pharma)
· Extensive experience leading drug discovery project teams from target validation to IND-enabling studies
· Track record of excellence and innovation as demonstrated by multiple peer-reviewed publications and co-inventorship on patents.
· Extensive knowledge in all relevant disciplines relevant to small-molecule drug discovery (e.g., lead discovery medicinal chemistry, analytical chemistry, biology, pharmacology, DMPK, safety assessment, and CMC)
· Experience advancing drugs against novel targets to the IND stage in diverse therapeutic areas and molecular target classes
· Understanding of the current competitive and regulatory landscape for infectious diseases
· Deep understanding of preclinical PK/PD/efficacy relationships and their translation to the clinic
· Experience in creating and executing overall drug discovery plans to ensure robust, cost-effective support of company discovery and development portfolio
· Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills with an enthusiasm for participating in a fast-paced environment characterized by rigorous science and innovative thinking
· Demonstrated application of expertise to drug discovery in multiple therapeutic areas
· Significant experience leading strong multi-disciplinary teams focused on small-molecule drug discovery
· Familiarity with engaging and managing external efforts with contract research organizations and academic collaborators
· Experience and demonstrated success in recruiting, building, managing, and developing a team of high-performing scientists across multiple levels
· A team player and mentor who listens effectively and invites response and discussion. A collaborator who communicates in an open, transparent, complete, timely, and consistent mannerTips: Provide a summary of the role, what success in the position looks like, and how this role fits into the organization overall.
CTC Range – “Salary will be commensurate with experience.”
To apply for this job please visit in.linkedin.com.