Include Chia Seeds In Your Daily Diet To Manage Hypertension
- Hypertension or high blood pressure is one of the most common lifestyle diseases.
- The condition when the force of blood against artery walls becomes too high is known as hypertension.
- A blood pressure range above 140/90 is considered hypertension. Consistent hypertension is alarming and you should definitely consult a doctor.
- Experts have suggested many ways to manage blood pressure levels, most definitive being a revised and balanced lifestyle and healthy dietary habits.
- We should stay away from salt and greasy, fried food and include certain clean foods that may help manage blood pressure.
- Chia seed is one popular ingredient that is today considered a superfood with countless health benefits, including managing hypertension.
- Chia seeds are rich sources of fibre, protein, and various other macronutrients. These macronutrients help prevent the storage of undesirable fats that can cause heart disease and stroke.
- They are full of Omega-3 fatty acids, which, according to various studies, have proven to work as a blood thinner and may reduce blood pressure.
- However, those on blood thinning or blood pressure medication should first consult a doctor before including these in the regular diet.